Sunday, May 1, 2016

Seen today from the water

Three times I cried today- not tears from sorrows
For those tears have for many years been dried.
No, these tears were tears of tomorrows
When in joy, all God's children will have cried.

Of victory long ago won by God's only Son,
Who will kneel down over a horse trough in a "church"
And say to the one rising from the water
The one whose heart healing has just begun,

"Don't worry, my child. I've got this."

The failing eyes were closed and blurred by tears,
Yet, through grace and mercy gifted them
As no one can ever prove or grasp - only fear
They saw Him right here, right now, as He said He would be.

For that moment what is real was revealed.
There was no cancer - no toilsome work to do.
Only a room full of His own - praising God
Surrounded by strong "men" dressed in white

- but no one knew? Only a few.

Now what? How should I share such a gift?
Who will be blessed or who will believe?
Guess it is not mine to say, but today before I drift
I must pack it in words and let those who can ... receive.

No comments: